Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1 to 98: up close and personal

My friend Allison and I decided to start with close-up shots using a backdrop and her new lighting system.

The first thing I noticed is that I'm not a good judge of what's in focus when I'm shooting up close. (I was aiming for the front berry.) Using manual focus might help with this.




The next thing I need to do is bracket my shots to vary the depth of field. A narrow depth of field is OK for the berries. But this didn't work as well for Erinna's eyes. I think this shot would work better with both eyes in focus.




The last thing I learned in this session is that Prune does not like being kept out of the center of attention. She saw the spotlight and headed straight for it.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea here! Looks like you're learning a lot. Keep it up!
    ~ Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Erinna's eyes both in an out of focus... great pictures though... mine came out eh

    ReplyDelete