Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving rehearsal

This year, Joan and Allison decided that one Thanksgiving wasn't enough, so we had a Thanksgiving rehearsal. As long as we were rehearsing, I figured I'd rehearse the pictures.

They decorated...
IMG_7149 IMG_7150

And cooked...
IMG_7157

IMG_7154 IMG_7145

I was thankful for our new ovens that fit perfectly into the space left by the ones that stopped working.
IMG_7141

What did I learn?
  • A lens hood is a great tool out in the sun. But you have to take it off when you use the flash. (Notice the shadow below the ovens?)
  • With or without flash, it's hard to get the white balance right in incandescent lighting. But I think that the color in the shots without flash is truer to the actual lighting. No flash means higher ISO settings to eliminate blur, and therefore more graininess.
  • I was in a hurry to take the pictures, so I used the on-camera flash instead of my (new) external flash. The new flash would probably have resulted in better color. I need to rehearse it between now and the real Thanksgiving next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment